Flip



Title: Flip
Author: Martyn Bedford
Genre: YA Existential Fantasy
Rating: Five Stars!

I’m a sucker for book covers, so when I stumble upon a good one, I immediately have to investigate. Who wrote it? What can those images possibly mean? I’m a fan of bright and flashy things, but what I really love is subtle mystery—you know, those book covers that catch your eye because they seem dark and intriguing. Those always make me wonder, “Now what’s this all about?” So I’ll pick it up off the shelf, or here lately, I’ll click on the link, and I’ll read the synopsis. Almost always, when the book cover is that good, I instantly fall in love, and that’s exactly how it worked out with “Flip” by Martyn Bedford. The cover is definitely eye catching, and the synopsis hooked me from the start, but, before I dive into my take on it, here’s the publisher’s note…

“Flip” Book Synopsis

What does it mean to have a soul whose will to live knows no limits?

One morning fourteen-year-old Alex wakes up to find himself in the wrong bedroom, in an unfamiliar house, in a different part of the country. Six months have disappeared overnight. The family at the breakfast table? Total strangers.

And when he looks in the mirror, another boy's face stares back. A boy named Philip, known as Flip. Unless Alex finds out what's happened and how to get back to his own life, he'll be trapped forever inside a body that belongs to someone else.

Martyn Bedford's debut novel for young adults is fearless and fast-paced, a riveting psychological thriller about a boy coming undone in the most extraordinary of circumstances.

Summer’s Take on “Flip”

“Flip” is by far one of my favorite reads of the year and it will definitely go onto my “most memorable, read again” bookshelf! It’s both powerfully moving and suspenseful, and it’s beyond entertaining and profoundly existential! I had the audiobook version of it, which only added to its charm because the story takes place in England but it’s read by an Australia actor and his voice is quite whimsical and catches all of the nuisances and emotions of the story so well! It made me love it even more, and while I don’t like to share spoilers, I will say that the ending had me a little worried, because it really does keep you on the edge of your seat all the way to the last page, but boy is it worth the ride! So stop reading my blog already and go get it! I promise you’ll love it!


Popular posts from this blog

Keeper of the Dragon’s Tears

Curse the Day

The Realm Below: The Rise of Tanipestis